Doing Readings Questions & Discussions

Back to course
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 219 total)
  • Author

Janel Joseph
    Participant

Hi CoVianna – Thank you so much for the feedback.  Yes, now I understand.  I apologize as I did not even realize how I was saying things in a confusing way.  I did a very, very thorough listen to Sarah’s HW and rewrote my template, redid my recording (take 3) and uploaded the HW1.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks again,

Janel

CoVianna Young
    Senior Moderator

Hi Janel,

Here is some more feedback:-

Janel Johnson: Re-do of Hwk1 – Rasi Chart – I appreciate the efforts you are putting into fine tuning your technique – well done! Because you’ve made this extra effort, I am happy to give you more pointers to keep improving 🙂 .

Just a small thing – you say a Sign is in a House e.g.: “Sign Cancer in the 6th House”. In the South Indian Chart, the Signs remain in the same position for everyone. The Houses move around that and the House position within a Sign is dependant on where their Ascendant lies. So it’s clearer to say “the 6th house is in the Sign of Cancer” for this Hwk chart. No need to re-do Janel – just keep that in mind for the future 🙂 .

Just another little point when explaining about the ruling planet: you went on to talk about Saturn aspecting Venus and Mars – which was not the focus at this point. We only go into this point in the Template if the ruling planet is aspected by or joined with another planet because that would then colour the ruling planet’s expression, which is important to know.

Also you said “Rahu is joined Virgo”. Rahu is not joined Virgo – it is in the Sign of Virgo and is joined Sun and Mercury. Same with Ketu – you said: “Ketu is in the 2nd House with Pisces”. Remember that Grahas are in the field/environment of a Sign. So it’s accurate to say “Ketu is in the 2nd House which is in Pisces.

And… where you said ” In your 8th House Rahu, having more of a worldly…” – it’s clearer to say “In your 8th House, containing Rahu, which brings a more worldly…” 🙂 .

So keep up the great effort Janel – I’m really proud of you. Now onto the next Homework task 🙂

Onwards and Upwards – CoVianna

Janel Joseph
    Participant

Thank you so much for all the feedback CoVianna!  It all makes perfect sense and is very helpful.

Janel Joseph
    Participant

Hello CoVianna – I just posted Lvl2 HW2.  thank you.

CoVianna Young
    Senior Moderator

Hi all Level 2 students,

Re – Moon Yogas homework:

Just a reminder to all students:- please read the Homework tasks carefully and what is being asked for.

I’m now quoting parts of a Forum Post for Moon Yogas that Sadasiva made in Level 2 Certification 2015 so that you understand 🙂 :-

“One of the things that I notice that can happen when we learn something new, (especially as we get more advanced and people know more things) is rather than actually learning EXACTLY what the new thing shows (which in this case is extremely powerful in knowing a person’s mental patterns and what stabilises them), we kind of learn it, than start adding what we are more comfortable with/ used to.

So, rather than getting the purity and simplicity of the “receive, feel, integrate” of the planets near the moon and the “stabilising” of those in angles – it gets diluted and Nakshatra of the planets gets talked about, signs and other things that are not so foundational to what exactly the planet before does, that is different than the planet joined, or after – or in an angle/AND which angle – how the planet in the fourth is different than the planet in the 7th.

Until you are really familiar with delineating these things, nakshatra and all of the other stuff sounds like it is diluting this REALLY powerful tool. This allows you to hone in on what is really driving someone psychologically…then, in fact, the NEXT most important factor is the Functional status of the planet and what it does as a house ruler…because then you will see the exact back story.

For instance, Mercury in an angle from the Moon will be important, whichever angle shows if the support comes from introspection (4th), partners (7th) or duties(10th).. Next, whatever houses Mercury rules shows how this happens – if he is dharma planet he may be associated with a teacher or a child – and the feelings (4th house), people (7th House) or duties (10th House) will be dharmic and holistic. If he rules cruel houses they will not, and also bring a disruption, but still be an anchor… so the person will try to anchor their mind on things that may be disruptive –and of course there is a mixture here, because the planets rule 2 houses.

So the issue is mixing in things that were not asked for….

Just because you are saying correct things, does not always mean that it is relevant in all situations..

Like asking someone for directions to specific place and they give you correct directions, but to other places that are close by, but not exactly the place you were asking for. 🙂 .

So ponder this please! Sadasiva.” end quote.

So Diane and Sarah would you like to give this another try? And Sarah the homework on Hemingway was a written task not audio 🙂 .

Sarah Weisman
    Participant

CoVianna,
    It was not made clear in the instructions that the Hemingway assignment is to be written, not spoken, so sorry about that.  Where should I post it?

Sarah

CoVianna Young
    Senior Moderator

Hi Sarah,

Post the written assignment in the dropbox with the usual Topic Heading. Let me know in this Forum Topic if you have any issues with doing that 🙂 . It is my understanding that the Clint Eastwood Audio Homework is the last of the Audio Homework assignments, the remainder are written formats.

Sarah Weisman
    Participant

Thanks!

Oscar Gutierrez
    Participant

Hi, Covianna or Sam. I have not submitted any homeworks because the link to the dropbox folder does not work for me. Im not sure what it is. I opened up my own Dropbox profile and everything. It simply tells me that the 2020 level 2 folder does not exist.

I mentioned this already in the How to Use Drop box forum but I haven’t gotten a response.

any help, tips, guidance to get around or through this?

Thanks!

CoVianna Young
    Senior Moderator

Hi Oscar,

Did you see my reply to you in the ‘How to use Drop Box ‘ Forum? If so did you try what I tried to successfully get in? Initially I had the same message that the ‘2020 level 2 Folder does not exist’ then suddenly it picked up the link somehow and Voila! ever since then Dropbox recognises that ‘2020 level 2 Folder’.

Can you let me know if you tried this? Also, are there any ‘<b>techy’ students who can help Oscar with this please? </b>

I’m looking forward to giving you feedback Oscar 🙂 .

CoVianna Young
    Senior Moderator

Are there any ‘techy’ students who can help Oscar with his dilemma <b>please ?</b>

CoVianna

CoVianna Young
    Senior Moderator

Hi Sarah,

Here is some feedback on your written Homework:

Sarah Weisman: Re-do of Ernest Hemingway Homework. Sarah, Re: – omitting the Nodes – when Rahu is with the Moon it can be very disruptive for the person in real time, and so we take that into account when assessing their outlook. However, we don’t take into account the Nodes neither before nor after, nor when in angles from the Moon.

Because we know Hemingway’s Ascendant, then in your discussion of Venus in the supportive angle, you can bring in the House Rulerships of Venus – 3rd and 10th Houses which are Upachaya Houses and the 3rd is a difficult house. This gives the clue about why Venus does’t work well for him, not Saturn before the Moon.

Re: – applying Moon Yogas to Harmonics. Yes, the Class Manual does say “These techniques can be applied to any chart because they are related to the Planets in absolute space” so, if you don’t have a birth time for example, or looking at a Western Chart, for example then Moon Yogas are very useful to assessing the person’s deep psychology. However, Sarah, Harmonic charts are a Mathematical Harmonic – not based on the Astronomy i.e.: planets in absolute space. So we don’t use D9, D10, etc. You used them to explain so much of his challenging nature, when the answers are to be found in Rahu with the Moon and the difficult house rulerships of Venus in his Moon Yoga 7th House support angle.

Good on you for making the effort with this and I hope that I have clarified some things for you and for the other students here 🙂 .

Sarah Weisman
    Participant

CoVianna, Thank you, this is very helpful! I will absorb….

Sarah

Sarah Weisman
    Participant

CoVianna — I posted another re-do of the Hemingway.

Hopefully, I got it all this time.  I’m happy to take the harmonic chart stuff off at the end too (I understand it’s mathematical, not astronomical/psychological), I just wanted to make sure I’m saying it correctly.

Sarah

CoVianna Young
    Senior Moderator

Hello Wonderful Students,

Here is some more feedback on Homework Submissions:

Sarah Weisman: another Re-Do of Hemingway’s Moon Yogas Homework. You are diligent Sarah! In regards to Saturn before the Moon – Saturn can be cruel too – hence the interest in bullfighting from another perspective. In those days the Bull was tormented to death and hunting – killing the animal as a trophy.

Remember to mention which angular support is there: Venus is 2nd angle from the Moon and will bring support through other people especially partners (7th House qualities). And you explained the difficulties there because of the houses Venus rules. You got it! 🙂 A good analysis Sarah.

BTW no need to take the harmonic chart stuff off (with a view to re-submitting?), as I understand from your Forum comment that you were using them for practice in saying it correctly,which you were.

Laura Hamilton: Hwk 5 Harmonics. When discussing the Rasi chart to work out the ratios, you need to discuss using the 1st House, 7th House and 10th House to see the ratios. You also use the 5 steps in the Manual Template and the dasas as a guide to see this more clearly. Then use those 5 steps and dasas to discuss Karaka Venus, 9th Harmonic/Varga/D9 and see what that shows you…then do the same Template steps and dasas to discuss Karaka Saturn and the 10th Harmonic/Varga/D10 and see what that shows you. From all that you can ascertain the final %/ratio of priorities in her life between herself, career and relationships…what she will put the most focus on. So Laura, I didn’t see the ratios, just ‘a focus on work…’ comment.

I’m not sure you are understanding the importance of the different Karakas for each area of life: Karaka Sun for Rasi/self; Karaka Venus for Navamsha/relationships and Karaka Saturn for Dashamsha/career. You discussed Moon Yogas in the Rasi as part of your reasoning – but that’s not what was asked for. Moon Yogas are another thing. You are a little bit all over the place. Perhaps writing it all up first using the appropriate Template will help to bring clarity to your discussions in the future 🙂 .

Just a reminder that the Hemingway Moon Yogas Homework is written and Clint Eastwood Moon Yogas is a recording. I look forward to giving you feedback on more of your homework. Keep up your good efforts Laura 🙂 .

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 219 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
(c) 2016 - forever - Vedic Art and Science Inc.