Welcome to the Level 2 Course – Introduce Yourself

Back to course
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

sadasiva
    Keymaster

Hey folks,
    We are underway.
    If you want to introduce yourself here you can.
    But I would also like to invite people to participate full-on in this course.
    Engage with each other, with the material and in this forum.
    Do the assignments and start helping people.

Diane Robertson
    Participant

Hello, All Level II Students,

My name is Diane Robertson and my new adventure is getting underway in the midst of these uncertain days. It seems a beneficial time to heed Saturn and go inside for study and alone time so I can find out what’s most important and leave the rest behind. I was first introduced to Vedic astrology in the summer of 2015. I had been independently studying Ayurveda for a couple of years previously, and in the summer of 2015 signed up for an Ayurveda/Yoga certification program with Mas Vidal. In his course, I was introduced to Jyotish- through the book, Autobiography Of A Yogi.  Then in the spring of 2018, upon Mas’s recommendation,  I started my Vedic Astrology studies with Sam. It has been a time of great insight and learning, expanding, growing and evolving. I look forward to a greater understanding with the Level II course and also to the possibility of assisting others in taking responsibility for their lives with the awareness that comes with knowing who we are and why we are here- both individually and collectively- through the lens of the Horoscope. And I’ll be glad to connect with others who are undertaking this adventure as well.

hamilton.yoga
    Participant

Hello, My name is Laura.  I have been teaching yoga for about 15 years in Maine and I recently opened a yoga studio.  I have been doing astrology readings for a long time too.  Starting with Western.  I am very intuitive and found the chart to be a good jumping off point for sessions with clients.  As I studied more Vedic astrology I wanted to become more precise.  So I took the last level I course and am psyched about level II.

I find as a yoga teacher I plug into people and teach what is needed in the room in the moment. Frequently when I am teaching yoga I see the next pose in my minds eye.  As an astrologer it works the same.  I get information before hand when I meditate about what to look for.  So recently I thought to look at something we had been studying and there the aspect was for the client I was meeting.  I can’t remember what it was.  I am fortunate I have pretty strong inner guidance that gives me information.

I also do the books for a local dentist practice, and teach yoga for some other studios.  I do a bit of business consulting for the Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator, Yoga & Mindfulness.

I am also an artist (sculptor) and have a home studio. (Many sculptors have a strong 5th house I have researched).

I have a cancer lagna and am in the first part of my saturn dasha.  Since this happened I have been working a lot.  I have also been traveling a lot.  Saturn ownes the 7 & 8th and is in the 9th. I am being very mindful of all this pressure in Capricorn since my moon is in Capricorn.  That has been a bit tough.

I look forward to being a bit more present now.  Thanks.

Janel Joseph
    Participant

Hello my name is Janel Joseph.  I am a leadership and health coach with a background in psychology and became interested in Vedic astrology after doing a couple of yoga certifications (Kundalini and Dharma – which combined Buddhist and Hindu practices) and after I had a reading with Sam.  His explanation of astrology made so much sense and aligned with my coaching practices of getting insight and taking action.  This work has personally helped me immensely, where I have made personal health and business changes to align with my true identity (this really happened in a Saturn – Sun Dasa).  My health coaching was completed through an integrative nutrition and holistic health program  and I am also interested in A<span style=”caret-color: #000000; color: #000000; font-family: Roboto;”>yurveda and Chinese Medicine, where I took a couple of graduate level classes at AOMA.  </span>

Much of my coaching work was in-person with companies that are now on the front lines (grocery, banking, and healthcare) and so that work has been postponed.

It is a great time to study astrology and the more I learn the more I realize I do not know!   I love that Diane mentioned Autobiography of a Yogi as I am rereading that book right now.  I would also like to connect with others and my email is janelelise@gmail.com

I look forward to participating with everyone!

Judith Flick
    Participant

Hi my name is judith,

I have just started level 2 I  must say it has been a bit of a slow start as I have had a lot of work recently after being re-employed after we shut our doors when COVID started last year.I currently work in retail at a charity stores on the Northern Beaches of Sydney in Australia called Vinnies here in Australia you call them Goodwill in  the US I like it as i get to talk to different people every day and sell secondhand cheap stuff to people all day.I have always been interested in Astrology for as long as i can remember but it was not until I had a skype reading from Trifon Nikolov from Bulgaria in 2016 that suddenly the penny dropped and finally astrology made sense to me.I made the pilgrimage to Sedona in 2018 and was awe stuck meeting all these astrologers Ihad followed on Youtube for a few years and when COVID came last year and I lost my job for 4 months I finally signed up with Sam to do Level 1.If my mum remembers right I was born at 9.20pm 10/10/1964 in a town called Murwillumbah which blesses me with a moon in Jeystha lucky me hey and in my 7th house!

Janel Joseph
    Participant

Hi Judith – Don’t worry about a slow start!  My post to level 2 was April 2020!  I came to this class without any background in Vedic Astrology and after completing level 1 needed more time for it to sink in.  I now feel ready for level 2 so am re-starting.  Thanks Sam for having a course where we can pause and start up again.  -Janel

CoVianna Young
    Senior Moderator

Hi Judith,

It was terrific to read about you and as a fellow Aussie, really happy to see that you have signed up for level 2. Back in the early 70’s, I used to live right on the beach at Mona Vale – the Northern Beaches is such a lovely area. My favourite kind of shops – ‘Vinnies’ – the creative mind can just go nuts! I now live at Frankston on the Mornington Peninsula in Melbourne.

I’ve posted feedback for your Homework 1 – Rasi Chart in the Forum Heading “Doing Readings, Questions and Discussions” – great work and keep up your efforts Judith.

Onwards and Upwards – CoVianna

CoVianna Young
    Senior Moderator

A warm welcome to our new Level 2 Certification students for early 2022!

Introduce yourselves in this Forum Topic.

I’m excited to have the opportunity to work with you all through giving you feedback on your recordings homework. Make sure that you follow the format given in each class and present as though you are doing a reading for a client. Remember to speak in a moderate speed which allows for your client to take in the important information you are giving them. Don’t worry if you are feeling nervous at first with your presentation. With practice, your confidence will grow over time.  Be sure to utilise this opportunity to hone your skills and your practice here will stand you in good stead for doing your exam recording later at the standard required by AAVAS.

I wish each of you the very best success in your endeavours with Level 2 Certification.

Hi My name is Franz

I am originally from the United States an interesting fact about me is that my parents were originally from Germany and moved to the United States due to my fathers work as a Micro Biologist. I grew up in New York City finished college and moved to Japan in 2006. I have been living and working in Japan since.

I have always been interested in Meta Physics since I was a small child.  I was also born Catholic but never felt like I fit in to the Catholic mindset nor the Christian  mindset for that matter though I always firmly believe in God and never understood why the western religions put so much emphasis  on the bible, because the bible is just a human invention a history book for that matter and I felt there was always something much more deep to all this and something much more spiritual.  From the very beginning between the age of 3 to 8 years old 5 of my grand parents and great grandparents died and when you experience death as a child it really wakes you up at an early age to how fragile and life really is and there has to be a deeper meaning to all of this. When I was 11 years old I had a paranormal experience that really solidified my spiritual beliefs about God and life.  I felt like God was more spiritual energy and divine energy and something far more complex than any lifeform could ever imagine. Something you or the human mind just can not fathom. This led me to looking more and more into Eastern Thought and philosophy. I really became interested in Buddhism after coming to Japan.

It was not until I was 30 when I started to think about Astrology, it was not western astrology it was Vedic astrology that I found first. I had a reading in 2010 from a Vedic astrologer that was from the west and told me a little about Vedic Astrology and told me I should pursue natural cures and this reading lite a fire of interest in me and I should study the subject further. In 2012 I had asked a different Online Astrologer for another reading  if I should do about the Career and luck and other aspects in life and this was a scary reading because he told me I am in my Saturn Dasha you will not make any money and just sit and chant Om Nama Shivia. This reading really scared me so much I felt depressed and did took a hiatus from Vedic Astrology until 2016 until when I found Sam and other modern Vedic Astrologers on You Tube and relite that fire of interest within me and something inside me said take your studies to the next level.

In 2021 I took the Level 1 Course and passed it. Since the start of 2022 I have been going through some major changes in both my life and career. I recently found a new opportunity as an independent Real Estate agent for Remax Japan starting next week April 17th 2022 so I am really busy right now and excited on this new and more independent direction my life is taking. The most interesting fact about this is I am a Cancer Ascendant and it was the day Rahu when into my 10th House in March when this opportunity entered my life. It just shows how much you can really see the Astrology play out through the transits. Just last week Sam opened up the Level 2 course and another great opportunity just presented itself. I really looking forward  learning how to read a chart and improving the way I read charts now. I might be a little slow at first because I am training and building my independent Real Estate Agency for Remax. With this course I will also be building a Spiritual practice both Online and here in Japan which is my main goal for my future.

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone and learning how to improve my skills and gain a deeper understanding in Vedic Astrology. Good Luck to everyone here and Lets all enjoy opening up our lives to this beautiful Divine Spiritual Knowledge and Energy that is before us.

Franz

CoVianna Young
    Senior Moderator

Oh Franz,

I really enjoyed reading your Introducing Yourself offering. Thank you. I truly relate to your “born” a Catholic comments. I could never get it to really fit no matter how hard I tried especially in high school religion classes. I rather liked the Marist Order of nuns though, so different to the punishing ways of the Mercy nuns I encountered in Primary School. I first encountered Buddhism in the second year after I left High School, through a series of books written by a character named Lobsang Rampa. My parents were dutifully mortified by my rebellious nature in reading such books, so un-Catholic with a capital ‘C’. Though no stopping me with my Rahu and Ascendant in Satabishak. Oh and those were the days of the Hippie play “Hair” and the famous song “Age of Aquarius”.  I was so excited – I’m an Aquarian I proudly stated and clung to the view for years the way so many of us do, to the Western Astrology concept of only the Sun placement being us. When I discovered Sidereal Astrology, that Sun was really in Capricorn, so I was relieved to discover that my querky Aquarian nature was indeed me with that Rahu smack on my Ascendant in Satabishak.

You wrote: “With this course I will also be building a Spiritual practice both Online and here in Japan which is my main goal for my future.” I love that Franz, and I look forward to being of a support to you along the way towards your noble goal.

You mentioned sky transits – yes, I find the accuracy fascinating. Shortly I’m posting some studies in the Level 1 Certification Forum on the current Australian Federal Election and the actual election day which was only announced today. We had a choice of two dates left , Saturday 14th May and Saturday 21st May. I’ve been on tender-hooks for the announcement as I have researched the sky transit for both days, and can see which candidate is likely to win on which date. I think you may still have access to the Level 1 Forums and you are very welcome as a senior student to check that out and post some comments once I have posted. There has been a lot of background research involved looking at the charts of the current Prime Minister and the current Opposition Leader and their dasas and relating that to the two election dates.

I wish you every success with your studies here Franz and to hearing your voice on your recordings.

Dina
    Participant

Hello CoVianna and fellow students! I recently signed up for Level 2 course after completing my Level 1 certification, and I am really excited to be here so thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Dina Gower. I live in England but I am originally from Baku, Azerbaijan. My family was forced to leave Baku when I was really young because of the ethnic cleansing in the early 1990s. It was a harrowing experience but it taught me at a young age much about dealing with unexpected changes/8th house things and finding the silver lining in every situation. I am a Leo rising and I still remember the lightbulb moment when I heard Sam talk about the nature of Jupiter for Leos, and the way Leos view even the most difficult transformations as inspirational and creative experiences. Case in point: I am actually writing a book about the ethnic conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia from a point of view of a child.

I work in London as a Director of IT Projects and Programmes for a well-known global newsmedia company, so I use weekends and evenings to study. Vedic Astrology is my passion. I discovered it about five years ago, but it took me a while to find a teacher that I really connected with and to go deeper with the studies. I feel truly fortunate to have found Sam’s teachings and to be here. I love the sense of meaning and purpose, and the deeper understanding of life that studying Jyotisha gives me. Sam’s thorough, systematic and holistic approach really won me over. I learned more from Sam in the first month of the Level 1 course than I did in the previous 4 years of “snacking” on various other YouTube videos. I could go on about this for hours, but I am sure other people here feel the same way. 🙂

I look forward to seeing you on the conference calls and to continuing this journey together.

All the best!

Dina

CoVianna Young
    Senior Moderator

Hi Dina,

Thank you for telling us more about yourself. Your enthusiasm, excitement and passion is inspiring.

I have found Sadasiva’s course work and the level of understanding, inspiring. I have just been able to help a friend who re-connected from the past on the 24th April this year, due to a sudden acute illness which he nearly died from. He thought I might be able to assist with him using my far infra-red saunas, but really he had been guided to me because I could read his chart and let him know that his life threatening illness though acute would be short lived. This gave him some hope though not really understanding how Vedic Astrology could give this knowledge. What happened was this: on the 8th February 2022, a week after his second vaccination, his lungs collapsed with massive bleeding and clots in the lungs. Doctors thought he might have a tumorous growth or a flap from collapsed lung tissue and they thought he may have asbestosis as well but really could not diagnose why it happened. It was quietly mentioned by the doctors, that the only answer was likely vaccine injury and so not reported as such. After the second bout in hospital of 19 days, he broke four ribs from coughing so much with the bleeding into the lungs. He has been having tests and scans regularly since 8th February when the event occurred. He had just taken on an executive position with a wind farm operation which would involve flying interstate and internationally. A complete no no with his medical condition. From his chart I was able to re assure him that the condition would improve after mid July and would be short lived. Scans at that time showed blood clots disappeared. Last week he was asked to come in a second time for scans as they were not sure what they were seeing. Today, 30th August Australian time, with great relief and excitement and wonder at my accuracy with the Vedic Astrology, he reported the doctor’s prognosis. Which was: what they thought was a cancerous growth was indeed a fold in the lung tissue which has now disappeared because his lungs have started to expand again. All blood clots gone. All the asbestosis is clear. No fluid (blood) pooling in the lungs. Just that his four broken ribs haven’t fully repaired yet. And he’s clear to fly for his work which will be in two days time. So he’s a bit blown away with the original advice I gave him from reading his charts including the D30 Harmonic, dasas, and sky transits to come up with a precise prediction. That’s Vedic Astrology for you Dina, taught with Sadasiva’s methodology. I always feel so blessed to have Sadasiva as my teacher.

Onwards and upwards – CoVianna

Dina
    Participant

Hi CoVianna,

Thank you for sharing – what an incredible inspirational story. And what an awful ordeal for your friend, but how fortunate that he was guided to you, and I can only imagine how much of a relief it was for him to get your words of reassurance. It really does show why the word Jyotisha comes from the word “light” and how you were able to share the light and wisdom of astrology in the dark time of his life. He is blessed to have you as his friend.

I am also in awe at the accuracy with which you were able to give the prognosis. I always find the medical dimension of astrology the most challenging as it feels like there is a whole other layer to learn/understand there not just with how planets and houses relate to the human body and organs but also to specific diseases, sympoms and underlying causes which are all tied into medical knowledge that I am lacking. It almost feels to me a science in its own right and I admire people who can see and understand this so well. I wonder what indications you saw in your friend’s chart that pointed to the true cause of the illness and the prognosis of recovery (of course, if you are able to share it). I think (?) the 4th house is related to the lungs and chest area, Mars is related to blood, and the nodes to sudden / unexpected difficult to diagnose issues, but beyond that, I would have no idea what to look for. What resources would you recommend to understand the medical applications of astrology?

Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful and inspirational story.
    All the best,
    Dina

CoVianna Young
    Senior Moderator

Hi Dina,
    Thanks for your response. Can I get back to you tomorrow as I’m to leave shortly to visit my daughter, an hours drive away, and I don’t get to see her very often. While Saturn has been transiting my twelfth house (in Capricorn) I’ve been unable to see her very much at all. Her Ascendant is also in my twelfth house. I was warned by a clairvoyant when she was four, that her father was planning to take her away from me, so when he did try, I was one step ahead of him and circumvented his plan. It’s her 40th birthday this month (27th) and she has been given a trip to LA and Las Vegas for her 40th. Sometimes she performs burlesque so a penthouse in Las Vegas will be very much an adventure. I’m just a tad nervous about her travelling from Australia to the US during such a turbulent time there. At least the west coast states feel safer. I’m about to type up your Homework feedback 🙂 .

Dina
    Participant

The trip to the USA sounds super exciting for your daugther, but I can see how it would make you nervous. I hope you enjoy catching up and that your daughter has a safe journey and a lovely 40th birthday. (Btw, you don’t look old enough to have a 40-year-old – I was really surprised when I read your daughter’s age!)

Kind regards,
    Dina

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
(c) 2016 - forever - Vedic Art and Science Inc.