Relationship Astrology Questions & Discussions

Back to course
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

sadasiva
    Keymaster

Relationship Astrology Questions & Discussions

hamilton.yoga
    Participant

I am assuming this is where the homework is to be posted. I am discussing my and my husbands charts.

I am asking for assistance to post the pictures of the charts.  I cannot get them in here by any known method to myself. I have pictures of the Kuta graph and the synastry chart but I do not understand the box that appears when you click the picture above to insert.  Thanks.

Iain and I have been together for over 30 years.  We met when we were 19 and 21. We married 9/14/1991 after living together for a number of years.  We have one son we had 12/23/2003

Laura 10.11.1967 11:59 pm Munich, Germany

Iain 6.5.65 10:55 Glasgow, Scotland, UK

Laura Asc 12 Cancer     Moon 12 Capricorn     Sun 24 Virgo     Mercury 19 Libra     Venus 11 Leo

Mars 28 Scorpio     Jupiter 5 Leo     Saturn 14 Pisces     Rahu 4 Aries     Ketu 4 Libra

Iain Asc 7 Leo     Moon 21 Leo    Sun 22 Taurus     Mercury 15 Taurus     Venus 6 Gemini     Mars Leo 26

Jupiter 16 Taurus     Saturn 23 Aquarius     Rahu 20 Taurus     Ketu 20 Scorpio

The balance of Laura’s planets are feminine (5). The balance of Iain’s are masculine (5).

Laura’s personal planets sun, moon & ascendant are female. Her capacity to be receptive is very pronounced. Her Feminine Capricorn Moon in the 7th house also makes her very motivated to be in relationships, and stay in relationships for long term. She has Kemadruma yoga making her moon in the 7th very important for deriving support from her relationship/partnerships.  Her karaka for relationships, Venus is in Leo a masculine sign, but it is in his 1st house with his moon and mars, creating a lot of connection, flow and fire.

The venus mars synastry creates very good sexual attraction and the moon venus connection creates good emotional flow.  She has helped Iain manage his aggressive nature, cooled him down.  And he has helped her establish roots and security. They would argue a lot in the beginning but there is enough passion and seriousness that the arguing would not be a dominant focus.  Leo energy is very devoted even if kingly and a bit self centered on both sides (He, asc, moon, mars- She Venus, Jupiter). It makes them both generous people.

Iain’s Ascendant, moon, mars are masculine (Leo), with the moon and mars in his first house creating in him a very masculine nature. His capacity to be in relationship, moon Leo, creates a very devoted,passionate partner. His venus in gemini did not make him very romantic.

The balance of Iain’s planets in Taurus, all aspecting his 4th house created someone very attached to home and family.

His ruler of his 7th is in the 7th in Aquarius. His partner was someone otherworldly/spiritual, completely outside of his known area, that he met when traveling. Saturn as the owner of his 7th house creates long term partnerships.

Iain’s caste is higher than Laura’s making this a good match.

Laura’s temperament is higher than Iain’s making this a good match.

Both people have Saturn as the lord of their 7th houses. Creating people serious about relationships.

His Jupiter aspects her sun by a wide aspect but it does create ease in their relationship.

His sun aspecting her mars creates more fire and attraction. His Jupiter, mercury and rahu also aspect her mars creating more desire, communication and karma.

Her jupiter and venus aspect his 7th house and saturn. This creates a lot of expansiveness and joy in the long term partnership.

Their combined kuta points of 23 make this a union worth recommending.

Most notably they have a 3 for Tara (Family, health, happiness) a 5 for Graha (mental affection) an 8 for Nadi Kuta and a 4 Rjju

The big glue is the Saturn as 7th lord in both charts making similar dispositions regarding relationships.  Neither expects a bed of roses.  Both are committed.

The mars/venus, moon/venus, moon/ascendant, jupiter/ascendant conjunctions are powerful attractors and make for a lot of fire and devotion  between the partners.

She is cancer rising, archetypal, movable feminine, he leo rising the archetypal movable masculine. They have very compatible natures as masculine and feminine energy compatibility.

Kyle Geminden
    Participant

This relationship reading is for my friends Mike and Mindy. They have been married for 16 years and have 4 children.

Mindy was born on 11/30/1981 at 3:18pm in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
    Ari – As 28:04 – 1st
    Gem – Ra 29:32 – 3rd
    Leo – Ma 28:57 – 5th
    Vir – Sa 25:32 – 6th
    Lib – Ju 07:08 – 7th
    Sco – MeC 09:34 – 8th
    Sco – Su 14:59 – 8th
    Sag – Ke 29:32 – 9th
    Cap – Mo 01:27 – 10th
    Cap – Ve 0:21 – 10th

Mike was born on 12/3/1982 at 4:53pm in Albany, Oregon.
    Tau -As – 24:51 – 1st
    Gem – Ra 10:44 – 2nd
    Gem – Mo 29:55 – 2nd
    Lib – Sa – 06:51 – 6th
    Sco – Ju 01:45 – 7th
    Sco – Su 17:55 – 7th
    Sco – VeC 25:19 – 7th
    Sco – MeC 25:49 – 7th
    Sag – Ke 10:44 – 8th
    Cap – Ma 01:33 – 9th

Assessment of Mindy

Mindy’s Moon is in feminine Capricorn and her visible planets are in 3 feminine signs and in 2 masculine signs. This shows a mind and an overall tendency towards receptivity.

Her 1st house ruler Mars being in the 5th house in Leo shows her identity with romance, marriage and children.

Her Moon, 4th house ruler, and Venus, 7th house ruler, are in her 10th house showing her purpose, duties and responsibilities revolving around her marriage, family, motherhood, home and relationships.

Jupiter the indicator of the husband is in her 7th house showing the desire for marriage.

Assessment of Mike

Mike’s Moon is in masculine Gemini showing a mind towards being assertive. His visible planets are in 2 masculine and 2 feminine signs showing his ability to be both receptive and assertive.

Gemini is also his 2nd house and his Moon is joined Rahu which brings some difficulties but also shows his expansiveness and focus towards family and friends.

His 1st house ruler Venus is in his 7th house in Scorpio along with Jupiter, Sun, Venus and Mercury showing his identity with and the strong role relationships and marriage play in his life but it also shows tension or stress with them.

Synastry

Their nodes are in the same signs and Mike’s Moon is almost directly over her Rahu providing karmic glue.

They both have the cruel 4th tithi of Chaturthi however his is a bright moon and hers is a dark moon. That along with her moon being in Capricorn and Saturn being in Virgo shows her tendencies toward worry and anxiety but yet having a more practical and devotional mind while Mikes being in Gemini with Rahu shows his tendency towards being intelligent, playful, hopeful, scattered and not thinking of the details. This really has helped to balance them both mentally and emotionally. Her Jupiter is also aspecting his moon which helps to bring grace, meaning and purpose and lessen the confusion from his Rahu influence.

His Mars is exalted and directly over her Moon and Venus showing strong passion between them and Mars is also her Lagna Lord furthering this connection. It also shows him being a source of strength, courage and protection for her. Her Mars is aspecting his 7th house, where his Venus is posited, bringing strength, courage and further passion to their relationship.

His Saturn is in her 7th house and her Saturn is aspecting his 7th house bringing service, focus, seriousness, and commitment into their relationship from both of them. HIs Saturn is also exalted showing his natural abilities with leadership and relating with people and it also shows the strong passion with his wife and that it’s also at a deeper esoteric level.

They both have the Sun and Mercury in Scorpio and his Venus and Jupiter are there as well. The Sun shows they share a similar vision and purpose and Mercury shows their ability to communicate and be flexible with each other. Both of their Mercuries are combust showing occasional difficulties with communication. Mike’s Venus is also combust and with Jupiter can bring feelings of being disrespected and possible unrealistic standards however his Venus brings love and devotion and a desire to have harmony and beauty in their marriage and his Jupiter brings in purpose, direction and hope.

Her 7th house is his 6th while his 7th is her 8th. While this interaction shows difficulties in their relationship it also shows their shared tendency towards service, spirituality and the hidden things of life and that the difficulties transform them and their relationship ultimately. There’s also interaction with their 9th and 7th houses showing their relationship is a source of and fulfillment for higher meaning and purpose.

Kutas

They have 2 blemishes of Vedha and Rajju. Rajju is partially cancelled as they have Graha Maitram and Tara.

Mike is on the left and Mindy is on the right.

Nadi: Windy, Watery                            8 pts
    Bhava: 8, 6                                             0 pts
    Gana: Deva, Manusha                         6 pts
    Graha Maitram: Mercury, Saturn  4 pts
    Yoni: Female Cat, Male Mongoose   2 pts
    Tara: Sadhaka, Pratyak                       1.5 pts
    Vasya: Human, Quadraped                1 pts
    Varna: Sudra, Vaisya                           0 pts

Total: 22.5

Conclusion

While they have 2 Kuta blemishes there is also a substantial amount of glue holding them together. They definitely have difficulties that crop up from time to time but their love for each other and tendencies towards selflessness, service and a desire for higher things has been key for their relationship and for it growing and expanding over time. They clearly seem to be a good match overall.

Sarah Weisman
    Participant

Level 2 Homework 10 Synastry and Kutas Sarah W
    Using the Cosmic Insights app, I’m not completely sure about the categories and scores of the Kutas at the end.

I’m looking at my chart and my husband’s chart,  we are approaching our 20th anniversary!

Charts and Synastry:
    We are both Aquarius Ascendant, representing the masculine modality of Saturn and Tamasic Air — and our relationship is very fixed, yet  grounded.  Our Natal Saturns are also similar — and that is very conducive to a long term, committed relationship.  My ruling Saturn, a functional benefic, is in my Gemini 5th House.  He has Retrograde-Saturn conjunct Ketu in Gemini.  So, we both have the commitment, long term love, love for our son, trust, creative approach to each other.  Yet, especially communication issues between us have received some strain from Ketu’s pressure — most notably when our Dasas were at odds in 2018 — I was in Ketu – Rahu and he was in Rahu – Ketu.

My feminine, watery Moon is complicated, but works for this particular relationship.  It is in  Libra Vishakha 29, represesenting masculine Air.  My Moon also has Kemadruma Yoga, but it is emotionally anchored with Jupiter-Retrograde in my Ascendant — emphasizing that I really look to my partner to augment my identity.  Also, my Moon has Parivartana Yoga with my Venus in Cancer.  My Moon is almost in its Own Sign of Cancer and Venus is both extra-comfortable and extra-vulnerable in Cancer’s emotional waters.  Meanwhile, my husband’s Sun, his masculine Fire identity, is in his Libra Swati 14 — so his Sun is almost right on my Moon in a sign ruled by Venus, the Karaka of relationships. This is a particularly good placement for a romantic relationship.

In addition, he has his masculine Mars-Retrograde in Aries, it’s Mulatrikona Sign.  This gives him a confident, fiery masculine identity and his Natal Mars in Aries casts an aspect on my Natal Venus in Cancer that is good for a romantic relationship.

Interestingly, our Venus match looks awful.  My Venus is in my 6th House of Hard Work, Cancer.  His Venus is nearby (not conjunct) his Rahu in his 11th House, Sagittarius.  So, his Venus is influenced by his Node and our Venus orbs are in a 6 / 8 relationship.  We have had sexual issues, but we also have two decades together and are still counting — so, it’s not a fatal flaw!

Also, interestingly, I, the woman, have a complicated Sun and he, the man, has a complicated Moon.  So, once again, we compliment and balance each other.  My 7th House is both heavily masculine and seemingly adverse to relationships (Leo with Mulatrikona Sun and Combusted Mars and Mercury).  His 7th House is empty.
    As I talked about above, my Moon has Kemadruma Yoga.  He has a well-accompanied Moon in Sagittarius Purva Asadha with both Rahu and Venus.  Mercury rises before his Moon and Jupiter rises after it.  If I do get my identity from my partner, I think that’s plenty for me to try to feel!

Kutas:
    We have one blemish.  We have Strii Deergha, my 9th House Moon leads his 11th House Moon.  But the other factors discussed, such as his Sun on my Moon, his powerful Mars, and my Parivartana Moon and Venus seem to have balanced any blemish over the years.

Kutas (appeared in the Cosmic Insights app differently):

NADI   Him Fire      Her Water     8 / 8

BHAVA Him 11    Her 9 (but scored with 7 / 7 ?)

GANA Him Manushya  Her Rakshasha 0 / 6

GRAHA MALTRAM Him Jupiter   Her Venus 0 / 5

YONI Him Monkey   Her Tiger 1 / 4

TARA Him 20   Her 16

My program just says OK, not 3 points or 1.5 points.  I worked it out to both remainders being even 24 / 9 and 5 / 9

VASYA Him Quadruped   Her Human 1/2

VARNA Him Kshatriyas   Her Sudras 1 / 1

total 19.5 points

me 8/23/1974 7:30 PM Baltimore MD

him 10/31/1973 2:15 PM San Leandro CA

Sebastian Urrea
    Participant

I finished this assignment, and it turns out that I chose quite a complicated relationship; lots of buttons being pushed through synastry! So the assignment turned out quite long but it was a great exercise.

I made it into a PDF with the charts as well, to make it easier to follow. But I tried to put a link here to where I uploaded it, and it doesn’t show up. This happened the last time that I tried to do this with another assignment also, so it makes me wonder if the forum is blocking posts with links, maybe to cut down on viruses or spam or something? Is there some other way I could share it with folks? Maybe in the dropbox folder? Or should I just make a couple of different posts here with the text and without images?

Sebastian Urrea
    Participant

I’m doing this on a couple I know well. Some of this analysis is informed by what I have observed about them over time.

Husband: 22:30 Nov 2, 1951 in Honda, Tolima, Colombia
    Wife: 01:30 Oct 16, 1953 in Armenia, Quindio, Colombia

For him, he is Gemini ascendant and he has Sun and Mars in masculine signs. The Sun is debilitated, so it could show some hesitation with expressing individual power. Looking at Sun yogas, it’s preceded by debilitated Venus and Saturn. So to feel confident, he is going to gravitate towards things that are beautiful and pleasurable and bring comfort, but with very precise, high standards. I could definitely see this playing out as well as seeking the attention of women and partners in order to give him a boost of confidence in his masculinity. Saturn before the Sun does also show that he will feel confident in his commitments, in a long-term outlook and being able to dedicate himself to it, so I could see that supporting a long-term relationships (especially since Saturn is also joined Venus).

Mars is in the third house of Leo, joined Ketu. This can bring a lot of fiery expression of individuality, and some competitiveness and an opinionated nature. There’s probably a sense of wanting to feel like the king and a difficulty compromising with his ambitions and wishes in general. That Ketu joined Mars is going to give him that sort of smoldering inner masculine nature for sure, and that feeling of power could be a big draw but there’s definitely potential for explosiveness since its in Leo and in the third house.

Jupiter is in Pisces, a feminine sign but it is its own sign, so it is powerful. This will show up in his general nature; he’ll like be very inspiring to his partners as a person of integrity and good standards and values, so that could be a draw for people in relationships certainly. Jupiter is also his seventh lord in the tenth, so it shows a desire for a principled and righteous partner who will support his power, his career, his actions. This also works well with gender integrity, with the seventh lord in a feminine sign for the man.

The Moon is in Sagittarius, a masculine sign. He’ll have a fiery mind and a passionate feeling nature, guided by his beliefs and principles, so this also supports what I said before with Jupiter, particularly with having Jupiter in the fourth from the Moon.
    Venus is in Virgo, a feminine sign, debilitated but exchanging with its ruler. He is liable to be very critical of partners, finding fault with them easily, especially since Jupiter is the seventh lord. He probably has very lofty ideals of what he would look for in a partner and it is difficult for them to live to those standards. I would also suspect that the simple, sensual pleasures of relationships are a big draw and motivating factor in relationships, almost like he wants someone who can fulfill his every desire. Having Venus joined Saturn can certainly show a desire for seriousness and commitment as well though, but given other factors this could show up in a more controlling nature, with difficulty compromising.

I am less confident about reading the navamsha here, because this time is not that precise and I haven’t rectified it. Assuming it is Taurus ascendant, it definitely shows a desire to gather and hold beauty and pleasure in relationships, supporting some of what I said earlier. Venus is the ascendant lord and the karaka and it goes to the ninth, forming a raja yoga. Mars is the seventh lord in the seventh, supporting a lot of wisdom around relationships. The Moon is in the first, so it shows some capacity for connection but it’s joined Saturn, which is going to limit that quite a bit. He probably feels self-conscious in his relationships quite a bit, and concerned with maintaining good boundaries to keep himself emotionally safe. This is echoed with Saturn in the 4th in the rasi joined Venus. Overall it’s a fairly healthy chart and I could see how it could help offset some of the difficulties that you would see in the rasi chart.

One thing that does catch my attention is that in the rasi chart, Venus the karaka is the 12th lord, and in the navamsha, Mars the 7th lord is the 12th lord. These two things kind of echo in a sense of being a bit disconnected from the partner, maybe having a story in his head that doesn’t fully line up with reality.

Now on to her. This chart I have rectified and I do actually think it is accurate enough to read harmonic charts.

The most striking thing about this chart is that she is Cancer ascendant, with the first lord the Moon in seventh house. On top of that, she has Ketu in the first and Rahu in the seventh joined the Moon. This shows many, many layers indicating a tendency to lose oneself in relationships and having great difficulty maintaining healthy boundaries. The one thing that offsets this a little is that the Moon being the first lord means that Rahu is also affecting first house areas of life, so it’s bringing some unity to the 1st-7th house axis in that way. But this has probably been an incredibly strong theme of confusion for her in life, how to relate to other people and maintain healthy boundaries.

With Ketu in the first she is going to be very self-critical and very self-negating. She is going to seek being defined by others as shown by Rahu in the seventh house. Being ruled by the Moon already shows a difficulty with boundaries and a desire to merge and flow with other people. Having the Moon in the seventh house shows that she places a lot of importance on relationships and often thinks of others and is gracious and accommodating to them. Rahu there also means that she will be very well-liked by others and popular with them.

The seventh house is Capricorn, so you could see a desire for relationships that provide a feeling of structure, stability, safety, and security. It’s interesting, the Moon is in a feminine sign which would make it more receptive, but it is Saturn’s feminine nature, which is about putting up boundaries, the exact opposite of Cancer. Again, another reason the push-pull dynamic between wanting to merge with others and needing to maintain healthy boundaries has been a point of confusion.

Rahu-Moon is going to show a lot of confusion in relationships in general, and a lot of fear, stress, and worry about other people. Given Cancer ascendant and the Moon, it could show a tendency to want to mother others to make sure that they are safe and taken care of. Rahu-Moon also gives a very strong, outwardly projected feminine nature, especially because it’s a pretty tight conjunction. I know she had many suitors when she was younger; this was probably a big draw for them.

Assessing Moon yogas, she has kemadruma yoga, so she will have a tendency to feel alone. Combined with the influence of the nodal axis, I’d expect this to create a lot of discomfort with being alone, lots of worry, stress and fear. This probably pushes her more towards looking to other people and relationships, to avoid being alone. But there are no planets in the seventh from the Moon; what actually shows up as the most stabilizing influence is career, especially with Saturn in the tenth from the Moon.
    She also has Venus in Virgo, a feminine sign, debilitated as well. This can show desire for a partner who is like a king, though the conjunction is quite wide so its influence is probably not so strong. She has a similar problem as him, in that she is probably looking for someone who can fulfill all of her desires in an unrealistic sort of way. She could have a tendency to be critical of partners and their flaws, noticing all of the details that are out of place.

As far as her masculine energy, her Sun is in a feminine sign Virgo, and it’s also sandhi, about to shift into Libra where it will be debilitated. So that Sun energy is a bit unstable; she probably lacks a lot of self-confidence, especially with Ketu in the first as well, and this would push her to look for a strong Sun energy in a partner as a stabilizing influence.

Mars is in very good dignity in the second house of Leo, which could definitely give her a fiery will, especially about second house matters like establishing values and security. Jupiter is in the 12th house in poor dignity, in a masculine sign. So overall her feminine energy is definitely stronger, though she will have her moments of fieriness certainly.
    Saturn is her seventh lord exalted in the fourth. Relationships are already hard for Cancer, they can really feel the insecurity in them with Saturn also being the 8th lord as well, and having that energy in her fourth house where Saturn is so exalted will bring more fear around her outlook with relationships. She will likely seek to control her relationships status as a way of keeping herself safe and secure, out of fear.
    In the navamsha, she is Capricorn rising, which is very aligned with her Moon in the rasi. Her general outlook in relationships is to build structure, stability, and security. Having Rahu in the second house would tend to support this in some ways, looking to establish values and resources and security through relationships.

She also has Rahu joined both Venus and the Moon, showing a strong feminine expression of energy, though they are in masculine signs so this would show a little more assertiveness with that energy. Sort of like being forcefully feminine, exaggerating typically feminine qualities to try to manipulate situations rather than being overtly willful. The seventh lord is now the Moon, and joined Rahu it shows a strong desire for relationships with others. Joined Venus the karaka shows a similar dynamic, so it echoes what we see in the rasi.

Saturn the lord joins Mars in the 11th, which is a little difficult. Mars as the fourth lord in the 11th would show big ambitions for wanting to feel safe and peaceful in the heart in relationships. Saturn as the first and second lord shows that she’ll again place a lot of emphasis on that in how she relates to other people, and also establishing values and security as a big ambition. Mars is strong here, and the union between the two in general is probably a source of tension.

Synastry

There are a lot of conjunctions and aspects through synastry, so there are a lot of buttons being pushed between the two. They both have a lot of planets going on around Leo-Libra, so this is where the majority of the energy is concentrated.

They have Mars at an almost exact conjunction in Leo. They’ll have a shared understanding of Mars energy, and a similar fighting style. But you could really see this causing an issue; they might feel like the other person is encroaching on their individuality and self-expression. This could be particularly hard on the wife, since his Ketu is on her Mars as well; he’ll be critical of her frustrations and individuality. There’s just so much fire and intensity going on in this one sign that you could see where there is a lot of conflict coming in.

But they also have Venus at a very, very close conjunction in Virgo. This can show commonality around enjoying the same kinds of pleasures, and sexual attraction. But especially since it is in Virgo, it could show excess. This is one of their strongest connections, enjoying the pleasures of life together. But as I mentioned before, it could really show a tendency to criticize one another and find fault with the other person not making them happy.

His Saturn is on her Venus. She’ll probably feel a sense of trust around his solid, masculine nature. She’ll feel a sense of trust and safety with him that she can relax into. But again, this gives more of a fatherly dynamic, so it could push down the attractiveness between the two and feel controlling for her. It does form a strong bond between the two though. He’ll likely see it as a relationship that he can make a commitment to and that is worth that commitment.

His Venus is also on her Sun. This could show attraction as well for sure, but it could show where her connection with him feels like it is distracting her from her path, vision, and individuality. This could also show a dynamic where she lights him up, he delights in her power, and she herself enjoys seeing that. It’s a reverse gender dynamic, so not ideal.

His Saturn is on her Sun. This can definitely show a bond that is lasting and brings commitment to the relationship. She can feel his commitment to her, which will be comforting, but she also might feel controlled by him, like he’s her father. This could bring her confidence down as well. It’s probably a little better for him; he’ll feel an ignition of their commitment.

The reverse is also true actually; her Saturn is on his Sun. He probably also feels like she brings down his self-confidence a little bit. But he’ll also feel her commitment, but it’ll again feel like a parent; he might feel very mommy’d and controlled by her (especially since she is Cancer).

They have Mercury conjoined. This will bring ease into the relationship in the sense that they’ll have a similar kind of communication style.

His Sun is on her Mercury. This can bring an intellectual connection into the relationship.

His Mercury is on her Saturn. She could help him get more serious about things and pay attention to the things that are important, and he could help her lighten up a little bit about things she is too serious about. She’ll also help bring form and shape to his ideas. This is one of the few conjunctions that doesn’t create a lot of charge, but since there is so much charge elsewhere I could see where this turns into him criticizing her for taking things too seriously and being worried and fearful about everything, and her criticizing him for not taking things seriously enough and not paying attention to important details.

Her Mars aspects his Jupiter. Since Jupiter is his seventh lord, this could be a bit intense. It could show where he feels like she is a bit pushy and aggressive, maybe in a passive-aggressive kind of way given everything else that is going on. Like he wants the relationship to have a more Jupertarian nature, maybe more traditional and aligned with bigger principles, but she is tending to push against that. Since Jupiter doesn’t aspect back it doesn’t really bring it’s grace to Mars easily.

Her Jupiter aspects his Sun and Mercury. He could feel like her influence helps expand his philosophies, principles, or worldview. In a way he could feel like she helps inform his vision and path with purpose and meaning. Since Jupiter is his seventh lord and Mercury is his first lord, he might feel like she is always watching him, which could be difficult given other dynamics. He could feel like she has tolerance around him, and around his interests. But he could feel like she has a lot of big philosophies that are kind of silly and don’t make a lot of sense. Since Mercury is his first lord, this could be a point of contention; it becomes a matter of his identity being questioned.

Her Saturn aspects his Moon. It will bring a sense of seriousness to the relationship for sure, but Saturn’s aspect can be difficult when it is only one way. His Saturn in his chart is not one of his more dignified planets, so this is more likely to feel controlling than comforting. He might really feel the heaviness of that Saturn aspect, like that commitment is based on a sense of obligation or out of a sense of fear. This is another indication of her trying to be responsible for him, specifically his feelings. He probably feels mommy’d by her quite a lot.

His Jupiter aspects her ascendant. This is a really strong connection that she has with him. She will really feel his hope and optimism, and given the strong influence of Saturn in her chart it will bring her a lot more positivity than she would have on her own. She’ll also see that Jupertarian energy in him and see his qualities of benevolence, righteousness, and grace when they come forth, and in those moments she’ll really see him as a good husband.

Interestingly, his Saturn aspects her Jupiter as well. She’ll likely feel his intensity here and feel like her ideas, principles, and philosophies are restricted, talked down. She could feel like her hopes are somewhat dashed and brought down by Saturn’s practical and rational assessment of things.

Kutas from the Moon

Varna Kuta: His caste is higher than hers, so this is ideal. She will be led by his values and pulled up by his conduct in general

Vashya Kuta: Since it’s one point, I assume it’s neutral. Neither is sacrificing themselves to the other.

Tara Kuta: Kind of confused about this one. In my software in dashakuta it shows as a full 3 points but in ashtakuta it shows 1.5 points. I thought it was either on or off, so I’m not so sure. It is the third tara from the husband’s moon to the wife’s moon, so that should be favorable.

Yoni Kuta: 2 points, so it’s fairly good. They’ll have a good sexual connection and feel like they have a similar emotional style as one another as well. They’ll be able to feel some bond through intense experiences together.

Graha Maitram: Jupiter and Saturn have a mutually neutral relationship, so one point is given. They have a pretty different approach to life, like they’re fairly different people and don’t have a ton in common with one another. They will share some things though.

Gana Kuta: Zero points here. He is rakshasa gana and she is manushya gana, so she probably feels disturbed by his eccentric nature and style. They have different temperaments; he’ll be a bit intense and eccentric and self-driven, while she’ll be more motivated towards wanting to live a pleasant, stable, happy life and wanting to have harmonious relations with other people (I’ve observed this playing out for sure; she’ll sometimes feel very embarrassed when she is with him in a social situation and he says something a little off-color or foot-in-his-mouth kind of thing).

Bhava Kuta: 0 points (Bhakoot). Their Moons (and their ascendants actually) are in a 2-12 relationship. The elements are right next to one another and they don’t have a lot in common. Supposedly this is said to be canceled because they have nadi kuta present, but it probably still shows up as something difficult that is missing. It feels like it’s hard for them to share structure and accomplishment in life, or similar ambitions and goals. They again like to do different things, and this could get into trying to change what the other person does.

Nadi Kuta: This is present, so they’ll be able to balance each other out emotionally to some extent. This probably forms one of their stronger connections. He is Adya (Vata or windy) and she is Antya (Kapha or watery). So when she gets too much in her emotional state, he is more flexible and intelligence and lightheartedness to the situation. But when he gets into an emotional state, he might tend to turn everything into some disconnected, intellectual idea (especially being Gemini), and she can help sensitize him and bring him back into the heart.

Other Conditioning Factors

Stri Dirgha: The distance from his Moon to her Moon is shorter, so this is intact. So it keeps him in the initiating role and maintains the masculine-feminine dynamic in the relationship.

Vedha Dosha: Not present, so that is helpful. It avoids a sense of mutual repelling.

Raju Dosha: Also not present, so it avoids difficulty here.

Mahendra: Not present, so there isn’t a particular connection here.

Vasya: Not present, so no particular connection here either.

Kutas from Other Planets

Skimming the other kuta scores for other planets (my software doesn’t seem to make a nice complete table like Sam showed unless I just can’t find it), these are the total aggregate scores:

• Sun: 19
    • Moon: 14.5
    • Mars: 28
    • Mercury: 28
    • Jupiter: 17.5
    • Venus: 28
    • Saturn: 18.5
    • Ascendant: 15

So just in an overview sense, their strongest connections come from Mars, Mercury, and Venus. Mars is not the most ideal planet for a relationship connection already. Mercury is an interesting one, because in what I’ve observed communication is a point of difficulty between them; she wants to talk about things but he is eccentric about communicating and often doesn’t want to engage in conversations about goals, feelings, etc. The Venus connection was probably a big motivating factor in getting them together overall, but this connection has waned with time, as you might expect.

Dina
    Participant

Compatibility Analysis between Charles Windsor (Prince of Wales) and Princess Diana

Birth times: Charles – 14 November 1948, 21:14, London England. Diana – 1 July 1961, 19:45, Sandringham England

Charles’s Relationship Potential
    Charles’ chart shows challenges with expressing his assertive masculine nature.

He has a feminine Cancer ascendant, which gives him a sensitive, emotional and reserved nature. Yet straightaway this puts him at odds with the role of the supremely masculine and powerful role of the future King, assigned to him at birth.

Although his Sun is in the masculine sign of Libra, it has multiple afflictions. The Sun is debilitated, aspected by its enemy Saturn and is conjunct Ketu, all pointing to self-doubt and low confidence. The Sun also has reverse directional strength in the 4th house, and it is opposite a similarly afflicted 10th house Moon. This indicates frustration with inability to express his desire to act in public, inconsistency in his approach to responsibilities, emotional agitation and difficulty grounding himself.

We can trace these issues to Charles’s relationship with his parents (the Moon & the 4th house are karakas for the mother, and likewise the Sun & the 10th house are related to the father). A domineering and exacting man, Charles’s father, Prince Phillip, was frustrated with living in his wife’s shadow, and tried to express his unfulfilled ambition through his first-born son. Phillip attempted to shape the quiet, sensitive Charles into a tough, military-minded man. In an effort to stamp out Charles’s sensitive nature, Phillip sent him to a bootcamp-style boarding school, where Charles was bullied and miserable. Charles was also living in the shadow of his distant mother. Unsurprisingly, the Queen of England had little time for her child (Moon in the 10th = mother too busy dealing with responsibilities). When we take this childhood context into account, the root of Charles’s issues becomes clear as does his overwhelming desire for emotional connection in order to reaffirm his sense of self (his chart ruler Moon is with Rahu).

Charles’s Mars, another indicator of masculinity, is in Scorpio, a feminine sign. Mars is in its own home here and forms a strong raja yoga, showing a powerful mind focused on his responsibility in the world. Charles was ahead of his time in promoting environmental causes long before issues such as global warming entered public awareness. And yet this Mars placement in a feminine emotional sign of Scorpio waters down Charles’s masculine potential.

His Jupiter is in the masculine sign of Sagittarius, which is the one unblemished factor affirming Charles’s masculinity. Jupiter rules his 9th house of leadership and inspiration. Charles has established and promoted many charitable good causes in the spirit of service to his country (Jupiter is in the 6th house of service). Jupiter energy is often what women are drawn to in a man. In his youth, Charles was seen as a desirable figure: as an heir to the British throne, he was considered one of the world’s most desirable bachelors and had a string of affairs before settling down.

Venus, the relationship karaka, is debilitated in Virgo, which would give Charles exacting standards and make him quite picky and critical of his partners. This is, of course, unsurprising, given his regal upbringing and a number of criteria that his future bride had to fulfill. One such criteria was that his wife had to be chaste, and Virgo of course is related to chastity and innocence. Because Virgo is a feminine sign, it would also make him receptive to his partner’s desires, emotions and comforts (Venus rules the 11th and 4th houses).

Saturn, his 7th house ruler, is in the 2nd house in Magha. This shows looking for long-term commitment in relationships, and predisposition for marrying, although marrying on his own terms, with the sign of Leo and nakshatra Magha particularly being regal placements. Charles would be looking for respect from his partner, to be taken seriously and be treated as the future king, perhaps helping him overcome his many childhood insecurities through his relationship. Yet all this would come with a sense of low confidence about relationships given Saturn struggles in the sign of its enemy, Sun, and it also rules the difficult 8th house for Cancer.

Princess Di Relationship Potential
    Just as Charles’s chart shows challenges with his masculine side, Princess Diana’s chart also shows some issues with feminine receptive energy.

Diana is a Scorpio ascendant. Scorpio is a feminine sign, and it gave her a reflective, thoughtful personality. Scorpio is, of course, ruled by Mars, a masculine planet. Diana’s Mars was exceptionally powerful and prominent in the 10th house of action in regal Magha, Leo, conjunct Rahu. Forming a powerful raja yoga, her Mars shows someone who is drawn to being active and being in the public’s eye. As a Scorpio, she would have wanted to help and protect the vulnerable, and this Mars placement would have re-enforced the need to express herself through doing the right thing out in the world. She once said, “Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society”, which aptly summarised her tireless work for good causes, visiting AIDS patients and sitting with terminally ill children in cancer wards. Although this placement is one of the indicators that made Diana so popular among people, in her marriage, it would have strongly disrupted her willingness to accept a passive feminine role. With such a prominent and masculine chart ruler, it was not in her nature to be her husband’s shadow or meekly wait for him at home. In any other modern relationship, this may have worked out fine. Yet her husband was the future King, so she was expected to play second fiddle.

Diana’s Moon was in the active masculine sign of Aquarius, which shows difficulty with being receptive and desire to initiate ideas and be the inspiring leader (the Moon rules the 9th). Her Moon has directional strength in the 4th, giving her emotional resilience and anchoring her in the heart (she was famously called The Queen of Hearts – note that this Moon placement is casting a mutual aspect with her 10th house “Queenly” Mars). However, the Moon is closely conjunct Ketu, which made her prone to depression and becoming emotionally overwhelmed. She was separated from her mother when she was young and suffered the trauma of abandonment.

Mars aspect on her Moon would have also made her emotionally restless, passionate but always looking for change, emotional stimulation and action. Because Mars is also on an angle (7th) from her Moon, she would have looked to her partners to ground her emotionally, expecting passion and adoration in relationships. With Saturn before the Moon, she would have wanted to feel safe and to be taken seriously. She once confessed, “I don’t want expensive gifts; I don’t want to be bought. I have everything I want. I just want someone to be there for me, to make me feel safe and secure”. We can feel the pain of her difficult Moon in these words.

Diana’s Venus counterbalanced some of these challenges. It is in a feminine sign of Taurus, in its own home. Venus forms a great person yoga, which gave her the immense charisma and genuine ease with which Diana always related to everyone around her. Venus was extremely important for her as it also ruled her 7th house, making it a double indicator of relationships. Casting an aspect onto her ascendant, this Venus placement gave Diana her physical beauty, her much admired glamour and flawless fashion style, which remains iconic to this day. In a relationship, she would have wanted to be admired and to feel beautiful and be loved and desired. With the 7th ruler so strongly placed, she would have had extremely high expectations of her partner, creating an all too real risk of disappointment.

Compatibility analysis
    Kutas
    Sun – 23
    Moon – 21.5
    Mars – 32
    Mercury – 26
    Jupiter – 16
    Venus – 21
    Saturn – 8.5
    Lagna – 18

The kuta scores for Diana and Charles are mostly, average. The most notable exception is the lowest 8.5 (Saturn – more on that later). The Moon kuta of 21.5 is just above the recommended 20 points cut off as is Venus (the karaka of relationships) at 21. Yet despite the overall passable scores, there are some clear challenges.

The key issue is the negative Shtri dirg, which is present for the Moon (Charles’s ruler), Mars (Diana’s ruler), Sun, Mercury and Venus.

With this painful shtri dirg, Diana would have experienced an all pervasive sense of Charles being emotionally distant and aloof towards her. This would have affected many areas of their relationship: their emotional and psychological connection (Moon), Charles’s lack of commitment (Saturn), difficulty in communicating (Mercury), lack of common vision (Sun), and the lack of desire Diana would have eventually felt from Charles (Venus).

The first sign of this came during their first engagement interview when a reporter asked if they were in love. While the besotted, starry-eyed Diana claimed to be “very much in love” arm in arm with her prince, Charles indifferently and dismissively added, “Whatever in love means”.

Throughout their marriage, Diana claimed Charles was aloof and cold. As is often the case with negative shtri dirg, Diana reacted by desperately trying to gain his attention. A good example is the episode when they attended the Royal Opera House on Charles’s birthday. Diana surprised Charles by appearing on stage to do a dance number with the star of the show, to the tune of Billy Joel’s Uptown Girl. While the audience was captivated by Diana’s beauty, charm and grace (there were 8 curtain calls), Charles was scandalised by the public display of affection. He saw Diana’s conduct as unbecoming a royal princess.

This episode illustrates the other issue with the kutas, the incompatibility of their Gana (temperament). Diana’s nakshatra Dhanishta is the rebellious rakshasa, while Charles’s Ashvini is the pious Deva. The stiff upper lip of a British royal would have made him feel distaste at seeing his wife dance on stage like a common performer. Diana’s rebellious rakshasa nature, on the other hand, would have been frustrated with the rigid conservative attitudes of her husband. When she was asked about the early day of her marriage and her honeymoon, she admitted, “I was bored, it was like being stuck with an 80-year-old man”. This is where we also see the downside of the many Saturn synastry aspects (see below) that feel stifling after a while.

Saturn koota points are the lowest, a painful 8.5, and this shows issues with commitment. We know of course that Charles was unfaithful to Diana from the beginning. He was in love with the woman he saw as his true soulmate, Camilla Parker Bowles, whom he could not marry at the time because of the rules prohibiting royal marriage to a divorcee. Charles was exchanging clandestine messages with Camilla while on honeymoon with Diana and wearing the cufflinks Camilla gifted him, without a care about how his wife would feel. He then quite unfeelingly attempted to set up Camilla as Diana’s friend and confidante. Diana later famously remarked “Well, there were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded.

In response to these accusations, Charles flippantly said, “Do you seriously expect me to be the first Prince of Wales in history not to have a mistress?

Interestingly, although the relationship between Charles and Diana did end in marriage, their ascendant kuta are rather low at 18, showing perhaps that Charles was not truly present in the marriage – his mind instead miles away with his beloved Camilla.

Synastry
    The synastry of Diana and Charles’s charts shows a number of Saturn aspects, which on the one hand, would have acted as strong glue, but on the other hand, undoubtedly created issues with control, led to feelings of stress and eventually resentment and feeling stifled.

Diana’s Saturn and Jupiter conjunction falls in Charles’s 7th house. On the positive side, Diana’s appearance in Charles’ life inspired many hopes (Jupiter) about the prospect of marriage (7th), which he saw as a way to meet his responsibilities (Saturn) to his family. Casting an aspect onto his ascendant, Diana’s Jupiter would have made him feel admired: Charles would have enjoyed being the subject of her romantic hopes and dreams (Jupiter rules her 5th).

Charles’s Saturn forms several synastry aspects with Diana’s chart. It is conjunct with her ruler Mars and Rahu in the 10th. It also casts an aspect on her Venus in the 7th, and finally it aspects her Ketu + Moon in the 4th. These Saturn aspects show a lot of karmic activation. Diana initially felt secure, protected and looked after. However, Saturn connections lack warmth and eventually create controlling overtones.

Diana’s already heavily afflicted Moon would have struggled with the extra pressure from Charles’s Saturn. We know that the pressure to conform to Charles’s exact “Venus-in-Virgo” expectations caused her to spiral into battle with bulimia and severe depression. The Saturn aspect onto her Venus would have also eventually made her feel judged and self-conscious of her desires, her love of dance and fashion. Hence her reference to Charles as “an 80-year-old man”. Charles’s tastes were conservative and old-fashioned. He saw Diana as too frivolous and remarked on the lack of sophistication when it came to her tastes.

Charles’s Saturn is also conjunct with Diana’s ruler Mars and Rahu in Leo in the 10th house of Diana’s chart. This conjunction, the powerhouse behind Diana’s star quality of being The People’s Princess, quickly caused Charles to become jealous of the public’s love of her (Saturn rules Charles’s 7th house of the public, and it has low dignity in Leo). These petty feelings would have been exacerbated by the aspect of Diana’s Saturn to both Charles’s ascendant and his Sun. Charles already struggled with afflicted confidence, and the added pressure of Diana’s Saturn on his debilitated Sun and Ketu would have amplified  the deeply rooted feelings of insecurity, the pressure to shine, rallying up his jealousies towards the much admired Diana. Indeed, Charles felt diminished; he complained that Diana stole his limelight – she was meant to serve as his foil, and yet she pushed him into the background. In a Saturnine way of controlling the situation, he attempted to reign in her passionate Martian nature and to control her public behaviour. Of course Diana’s Mars was strong enough to stand its ground and carry on with her public work. “People think that, at the end of the day, a man is the only answer. Actually, a fulfilling job is better for me”, she once said.

There is a mutual Mars (his) and Venus (hers) aspect. Although the orb is wide, it shows a strong mutual attraction and initial charge. Charles would have undoubtedly found her physically beautiful and she would have been drawn to his quiet inner courage. Yet, the Saturn pressure eventually eroded the initial attraction.

Summary
    As we saw from Diana’s chart analysis, she wanted to feel loved and admired. Instead, she ended up in a relationship where she felt lacking and criticised (Charles’s debilitated Venus would have left no misstep unnoticed). His difficult Saturn, 7th house ruler, with its many synastry aspects, would have made the relationship feel incredibly stifling. His infidelities (the manifestation of the low Saturn kuta) would have made her feel betrayed and abandoned, triggering the painful childhood traumas of her difficult Ketu Moon.

Charles, on the other hand, needed someone to quietly stand behind him, healing his wounded confidence, and propping up his afflicted Sun to help him win the pubic affection on his life-long journey to become the King of England. Instead, his dazzling wife stepped into the limelight and, without meaning to do so, commanded the full admiration of the British public, making her royal husband feel insignificant and awkward by comparison.  His Deva nature hungry for connection (his Moon is with Rahu in the passionate sign of Aries) would have felt offended at Diana’s rakshasa Dhanishta eccentricities and her forthright Martian nature. This would have made it difficult for them to see eye-to-eye.

Coupled with the low kuta scores, particularly for Saturn, which shows issues with commitment and loyalty, and the negative shtri dirg afflicting most of the grahas, it is no wonder the marriage eventually broke down and ended in a painful tragedy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
(c) 2016 - forever - Vedic Art and Science Inc.