Other Systems and Techniques Questions & Discussions

Back to course
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

sadasiva
    Keymaster

Other Systems and Techniques Questions & Discussions – Tajika, Jaimini, Varshaphal, Vimshopaka etc.

Isadora Bressiani
    Participant

Hi! Regarding <span style=”caret-color: #000000; color: #000000; font-family: Roboto;”>Varshaphal, </span>I would like to know what happen when the person spend its birthday on a different location? Does it change the ascendent or the muntha for that year? Thanks!

Isadora Bressiani
    Participant

Hi! Regarding Varshaphal<span style=”caret-color: #000000; color: #000000; font-family: Roboto;”>, </span>I would like to know what happen when the person spend its birthday on a different location? Does it change the ascendent or the muntha for that year? Thanks!

Isadora Bressiani
    Participant

Hi! Regarding Varshaphal, I would like to know what happen when the person spend its birthday on a different location? Does it change the ascendent or the muntha for that year? Thanks!

sadasiva
    Keymaster

Hi! Regarding Varshaphal, I would like to know what happen when the person spend its birthday on a different location? Does it change the ascendent or the muntha for that year? Thanks!”

no

Dina
    Participant

Hi CoVianna and Sam!

I have two questions about calculating the Tithi Pravesh chart.

1. Is it the Sun going into the birth rashi or is it the solar-lunar month that drives the first condition to calculate Tithi Pravesh?
    2. Do I calculate the Tithi Pravesh chart using my birth location or my current residence, which is 4 timezones away from where I was born?

The reason for asking about the Sun in the rashi vs the solar-lunar month, is because this year (2023), the month of Shravan is much longer due to Ahika-Maas, and it is shifting the following months forward as well. I was born in the month of Bhadra with the Sun in Leo and Moon in Anuradha, Scorpio. If I calculate my 2023 Tithi Pravesh chart for when the Sun is in Leo and the Moon is in my birth tithi (Ashtami), I get 24th August, and the resulting chart matches my birth conditions: Sun in Leo, Moon in Anuradha/Scorpio. If I use the Bhadra month, then I get 22nd September, which has Sun in Virgo and Moon in Mula/Sag – both different to my birth chart.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
    Dina

sadasiva
    Keymaster

1. Is it the Sun going into the birth rashi or is it the solar-lunar month that drives the first condition to calculate Tithi Pravesh?
    <It is the Sun in the Rashi.

2. Do I calculate the Tithi Pravesh chart using my birth location or my current residence, which is 4 timezones away from where I was born?

<< Use your natal location

The reason for asking about the Sun in the rashi vs the solar-lunar month, is because this year (2023), the month of Shravan is much longer due to Ahika-Maas, and it is shifting the following months forward as well. I was born in the month of Bhadra with the Sun in Leo and Moon in Anuradha, Scorpio. If I calculate my 2023 Tithi Pravesh chart for when the Sun is in Leo and the Moon is in my birth tithi (Ashtami), I get 24th August, and the resulting chart matches my birth conditions: Sun in Leo, Moon in Anuradha/Scorpio. If I use the Bhadra month, then I get 22nd September, which has Sun in Virgo and Moon in Mula/Sag – both different to my birth chart.

>> That is weird.. but yes with Adhika Maasa it makes it hard. I would use the one closest to your calendar month / Solar birth date. The Sun in the Rashis is the best way to measure though..

Thank you!

Kind regards,
    Dina

Dina
    Participant

Thank you, Sam! All makes sense

Kind regards,
    Dina

sadasiva
    Keymaster

Actually, let me rvise this a bit.. wherever the Sun is CLOSEST to the Birth Sun would be the best. Because that is the approximation. On the same tithi as the birth tithi in the month, when the Sun is closest to the natal Sun.
    This usually will be the same as the Sun Rasi and/or the Soli/Lunar month.
    But for Adhika Maasa, I would use the one where the ecliptic longitude of the Sun is closest to the natal position.. wherever that falls.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
(c) 2016 - forever - Vedic Art and Science Inc.