As there has been some confusion demonstrated with the Moon Yogas Techniques including in past years of Level 2, I’m going to write a few points of clarification here. So for those of you who have yet to submit your Moon Yogas Homework, refer back to this prior to submitting, and for those who have submitted, cross check for yourselves, that what you have submitted matches these points of clarity.
- It is based on the Signs. So we are looking at: The Sign before the Moon – 12th Sign before the Moon; the Sign the Moon is in – 1st Sign; the Sign after the Moon – 2nd Sign.
- We also look at the Signs at angles from the Moon, especially when there is a Kemadruma Yoga, as support.
- So the 1st angle from the Moon is the 4th Sign from the Moon – relating to support coming from introspection.
- The 2nd angle from the Moon is the 7th Sign from the Moon – relating to support coming from partners.
- The 3rd angle from the Moon is the 10th Sign from the Moon – relating to support coming from duties.
- Emotional Process: before, during, after.
- Structure of psychological support: angles from the Moon.
- Moon Yogas can be applied to Western Astrology as well as Vedic Astrology. -“This allows you to hone in on what is driving someone psychologically”. Using Vedic Astrology “…then, in fact, the NEXT most important factor is the Functional Status of the planet and what it does as a House Ruler…because then you will see the exact back story.” (from Forum post #15541).
- Sadasiva notes at 6min43secs into class video: “that we discuss the Planets involved with the Moon (before, with and after) as Karakas as that is the way the person will experience the emotion primarily. But of course Vedic Astrology wise, these planets are also House Rulers. Same deal with the planets in the support angles from the Moon.”.
- @ 50mins58secs into class video: Sadasiva says “Mars aspecting the Moon 10th [Sign] / 3rd angle from the Moon is another aspect of intensity”. @ 52mins58secs he says “Look at the prominent Aspects to the Moon especially if the Moon is by itself”. So Diane you were correct with including the Mars aspect as a Moon Yoga Technique. I was incorrect to write that it was extraneous to the method.
- @ 1hr06min43secs into class video: Sadasiva says “The Nodes don’t count as part of this process, but, their influence on a planet there is going to count’. He also mentions if Ketu [or Rahu] is with the Moon that is definitely going to count.
- It’s when the node is by itself in the Sign before, after, and/or, in an angle, that we omit Rahu and Ketu from this process.
- We do not apply the Moon Yoga Techniques to the Harmonic/Varga Charts. Yes, the Class Manual does say “These techniques can be applied to any chart because they are related to planets in absolute space” so, if you don’t have a birth time for example, or looking at a Western Chart, for example, then the Moon Yogas are very useful to assessing the person’s deep psychology. Please note: Harmonic charts are a Mathematical Harmonic – not based on the Astronomy, that is: planets in absolute space . So we don’t use D9 Navamsha, D10 Dashamsha, etc.
- Remember that Moon Yogas are a stand alone technique apart from what we have been learning in the previous classes, so don’t go including them in your Moon Yogas Homework submission.
I trust this has brought clarity for you all, you wonderful diligent students!
Onwards and Upwards – CoVianna